David Sykes Electrical is responsible for your personal data. The principal contact for this function is the Office Manager.
The personal data we collect may include:
- Personnel, customer and supplier contact information such as your name, job title, postal address, telephone number, mobile phone number, fax number and email address.
- Payment data, such as data necessary for processing payments and fraud prevention, including security code numbers and other related billing information.
- Further business information necessarily processed in a project or client contractual relationship with David Sykes Electrical or voluntarily provided by you, such as instructions given, payments made, requests and projects.
- Information collected from publicly available sources, integrity data bases and credit agencies.
From time to time, it may include personal data about your membership of a professional or trade association or union, health personal data and details of any criminal records you may have.
HOW DATA IS COLLECTED
We may collect personal data about you in several circumstances, including:
- When you or your organisation seek advice from us or use any of our electrical installation and maintenance services.
- When you or your organisation make an enquiry or otherwise interact on our website.
- When you apply for a job at David Sykes Electrical.
- When you or your organisation offer to provide or provide services and materials to us.
- When close Circuit Television (CCTV) captures images of data subjects in ‘The Maltings’ yard area for security purposes.
In some circumstances, we collect personal data about you from a third-party source. For example, we may collect personal data from your organisation, other organisations with whom you have dealings, government agencies, a credit reporting agency, an information or service provider or from a publicly available record.
ARE YOU REQUIRED TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA?
As a general principle, you will need to provide us with your personal data entirely voluntarily; there are generally no detrimental effects for you if you choose not to consent or to provide personal data. However, there are circumstances in which David Sykes Electrical cannot act without certain personal data, for example because this personal data is required to process your instructions or orders, to process payments, provide you with access to a web offering or newsletter or to carry out a legally required compliance screening. In these cases, it will unfortunately not be possible for us to provide you with what you request without the relevant personal data and we will notify you accordingly.
PURPOSES OF DATA USAGE
We may use your personal data for the following purposes only (‘Permitted Purposes’):
- Providing advice and services or things you may have requested, including on-line services or solutions as instructed or requested by you or your organisation.
- Managing and administering your or your organisation’s business relationship with David Sykes Electrical, including processing payments, accounting, auditing, billing and collection, and support services.
- Compliance with our legal obligations, such as record keeping obligations, compliance screening or recording obligations.
- To analyse and improve our services to you.
- Protecting the security of and managing access to our premises, IT and communication systems, websites and other systems, preventing and detecting security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious activities.
- For insurance purposes.
- For monitoring and assessing compliance with our policies and standards.
- To identify persons authorised to trade on behalf of our clients, customers, suppliers and/or service providers.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and requests, including reporting to and/or being audited by regulatory bodies.
- To comply with court orders and exercises and/or defend our legal rights.
- For any purpose related and/or ancillary to any of the above or any other purpose for which your personal data was provided to us.
Where you have expressly given us your consent, we may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you through the channels you have approved and keep up to date on the latest legal developments, announcements, and other information about David Sykes Electrical’s services, products and technologies as well as events and projects.
- Customer surveys, marketing campaigns, market analysis, contests or other promotional activities or events.
- Collecting information about your preferences to create a user profile to personalise and foster the quality of our communication and interaction with you.
Regarding marketing related communication, we will, where legally required, only provide you with such information after you have opted in and provide you with the opportunity to opt out anytime if you do not want to receive further marketing related communication from us. We will not use your personal data for taking any automated decisions affecting you or creating profiles other than described above.
Depending on for which of the above Permitted Purposes we will use your personal data, we may process your personal data on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Because processing is necessary for the performance of a client instruction or other contract with you or your organisation.
- To comply with our legal obligations e.g. to keep pension records or records for tax purposes.
- Because processing is necessary for purposes of our legitimate interest or those of any third part recipients that receive your personal data, provided that such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
In addition, the processing may be based on your consent where you have expressly given that to us.
ORGANISATIONS WE WILL SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We may share your personal data in the following circumstances:
- If you are an employee or subcontractor of David Sykes Electrical, we may disclose your personal data to clients to obtain access to their sites and premises.
- We may share employees’ personal data with companies providing David Sykes Electrical with pension services.
Otherwise we will only disclose your personal data when you direct us or give us permission, when we are required by applicable law, regulations, or judicial or official request to do so.
PERSONAL DATA ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE YOU PROVIDE TO US
PERSONAL DATA SECURITY
We will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep your personal data confidential and secure in accordance with our internal procedures covering the storage, disclosure of and access to personal data. Personal data may be kept on our personal data technology systems or in paper files.
UPDATING PERSONAL DATA
If any of the personal data that you have provided to us changes, for example, if you change your email address or if you wish to cancel any request you have made to us, or if you become aware we have any inaccurate personal data about you, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org We will not be responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete Personal Data that you provide to us.
PERSONAL DATA RETENTION PERIOD
Your personal data will be deleted when it is no longer reasonably required for the Permitted Purposes or you withdraw your consent (where applicable) and we are not legally required or otherwise permitted to continue storing such data.
Subject to certain legal conditions, you have the right to request a copy of the personal data about you which we hold, to have any inaccurate personal data corrected and to object to or restrict our using of your personal data. You may also make a complaint if you have a concern about our handling of your personal data.
If you wish to do any of the above please send an email to email@example.com We may require that you prove your identity by providing us with a copy of a valid means of identification in order for us to comply with our security obligations and to prevent unauthorised disclosure of data. We reserve the right to charge for a reasonable administrative fee for any unfounded or excessive requests concerning your access to your data, and for any additional copies of the personal data you request from us.
We will consider any requests or complaints which we receive and provide you with our response, you may take your complaint to the relevant private regulator.
GETTING IN TOUCH WITH DAVID SYKES ELECTRICAL